Join Fircreek Summer Staff!
we look for energetic people who love the Lord and want to join other Fircreek staff members for a summer of ministry, hard work, spiritual growth and fun.
Our community is not just work-based, but family-based. The people you work with on staff become your support system, as we celebrate each other and the work being done.
Are You Ready for Camp?
Summer Staff: Loving Kids, Serving Parents, Clearing a Path to Jesus
Fircreek Summer Staff members are energetic late high school or college-age men and women, 18-years-old or older, who love the Lord, love kids, and have a desire to bring the two together.
All Summer Staff positions include working with children and their families, both directly and indirectly.
- Hanging out with kids ages 6-11, engaging in fun and healthy active play
- Leading age-specific “Buddy Groups” throughout the Fircreek daily schedule
- Planning and leading camp activity classes
- Façade creation/decoration and theme development (Fircreek’s setting includes a town façade)
- Planning and participating in theme skits
- Event set-up and clean-up
- Teaching daily Bible study
- Supervising campers
- Various operation jobs as assigned
- Spiritual enrichment (worship, prayer, teaching, discussion)
For further information regarding the Fircreek Summer Staff program and application, please contact:
Evan Bryant, Fircreek Director
Phone: 360-733-6840, x225
Email: [email protected]
The Firs • 4605 Cable St., Bellingham, WA 98229
Summer Staff Positions
Fircreek Counselors are directly responsible for all children that are assigned to their age-specific “Buddy Group” and leading them through the daily program schedule.
The Fircreek Program Director is responsible for all planning and execution of the daily camp program. This includes daily skits, theme development, the “All-Camp Game”, special events, etc. The Program Director leads the staff in all program endeavors.
Lead Counselors assist the Fircreek Counselors in carrying out the ministry with campers. The major area of
responsibility is Counselor oversight and discipleship, Counselor relations, and parent connections.
The Music/Worship Director is responsible for leading the camp in daily camp music and staff meeting worship.
Adventure Zone Leader
An Adventure Zone Leader (AZL) is responsible to create organized play within one of Fircreek’s 4 Adventure Zones (Water, Woods, Sports, Art).
The Fircreek Health Aide assists campers and Summer Staff with the various “owies” that occur throughout a normal, fun day. Health Aide Duties include:
- Maintaining necessary health records
- Screening campers for health concerns
- Assisting parents in caring for their child’s unique health requirements while at camp
- The Trip Coordinator organizes various weekly field trips for corresponding activity classes, in cooperation with AZLs.
- They are responsible for scheduling, transportation, supervision, document collection (i.e. health forms, permission slips, parent communication, etc.).
More Summer Staff Information
2021 Counseling Options
Full Summer (10 weeks): June 13 – Aug. 28
5-Week Summer Session #1: June 13 – July 24
5-Week Summer Session #2: July 25 – Aug. 28
Staff Training Week & Retreats
Leadership Position Training: June 10-13
Regular Staff Training: June 13 –19
All staff are required to be at training (excluding EFRT’s).
Staff Retreat Dates
First: July 16th &17th
Second: August 6,7, & 8th
EFRT & Assistants
What Should I Know About Being on Fircreek Summer Staff?
Fircreek Day Camp requires all staff to adhere to our Doctrinal Statement of faith.
All Summer Staff are required to reside at camp. Staff will live among other staff and campers in rustic cabin-style accommodations.
All meals are provided for staff.
- Pay ranges from $150 to $300 a week, depending on position and experience.
- No insurance benefits are provided for seasonal positions, with the exception of Worker’s Compensation.
You must have a current medical form and proof of insurance form on file with The Firs at the time of employment.
We begin the hiring process in January and hope to have our staff hired by April. We will continue to accept applications until all positions are filled.
Apply for Summer Staff!
Click on the link to apply for a summer staff position. This application will take 20–30 minutes to complete. If you don’t finish, there is an option to save your progress and continue later. Please have reference information ready before you fill out your application.
Our goal at Fircreek has always been to love kids and serve parents throughout Whatcom County and beyond with the love we’ve received from Jesus Christ. We want each and every child to know and trust that they belong, that they have immense value and purpose in this world, and that there is a God who knows and loves them more than they can imagine. Our incredible summer staff is committed to this cause and does an amazing job of sharing this love through play, story, and imagination. Summer Staff is made up of 40+ young adults who are sold out for Jesus and eager to learn, grow, serve, and of course play hard! I invite you to join our phenomenal summer staff this year!
– Evan Bryant, Fircreek Director
"Play is the serious work of heaven." ~C.S. Lewis
Fircreek Day Camp is a ministry of The Firs. The Firs exists for people to encounter Jesus and experience the love of God.